Thursday, March 10, 2011

More Reflection on Breakin' the Spring...

Yesterday, the weather broke loose. It rained on and off for most of the day and needless to say, I didn't ride the bike. I miss being around my bike stable where I can pick out whatever bike I want to ride based on the weather outside (Rain, Sun or Snow). Being at my parent's house, I didn't bring many with me. Also, my parents live on a really busy four lane highway. It is almost a death wish to ride out from their house. Anyhow, I still had a good day none the less. Mom and I did some work around the house and up in the attic. Browsing around the attic, I came across a really rad pair of Uvex sunglasses that I know were from the late 80's or early 90's! Since I lost my favorite pair of sunglasses somewhere during the Southern Cross race weekend, these Uvex glasses will now take over as my primary pair.


Later in the day, yesterday, I met up with an old friend that I grew up with. HB and her husband joined me over at El Sazon Mexican Restaurant for a few beers. We chatted it up quite a bit and reminisced on old times. It was really great to catch up with the two of them. They were also so kind as to bring a jar of some East Tennessee sippin' whiskey! This makes me quite excited and I look forward to breaking into it in the near future!


Last night, I rolled in early to get a little rest. I hope to meet up with a few more friends tonight and tomorrow. As of right now, I'm looking at rolling back to the Boro on Saturday morning. I'd like to get in one more good road ride before heading out. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment