Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Moving Forward...


I realize the blog posts have been non-existent for the last several weeks.  Honestly, my life has somewhat fallen apart.  Without going into too much detail, I will say that I am moving forward.  This last weekend, I packed up all my belongings and moved back to Knoxville, Tennessee.  Unfortunately, I'm going to be making some adjustments in my life over the next few weeks, months and years.

On to some good news...I have finished my first semester of college.  I came out with all "A's" in my classes.  This was certainly unexpected when I decided to go back to school.  When I was in high school, I sucked at making good grades.  I never applied myself.  After taking 7 years off from school, going back brought a whole new focus.  This semester, I applied myself where it counts.  There is the saying, "Work hard or work smart."  Why not do both?  The current plan is to transfer to the University of Tennessee for the fall semester.  We'll see what happens.

On another good note, I was able to land a job yesterday.  I'll be working at Cycology Bicycles in Maryville, Tennessee.  This is an awesome shop with some of the best guys you can find in a bike shop!  There is such a pleasant and chill atmosphere throughout.  I'm really excited to be a part of their crew now.

As for bike riding, I haven't been on the bike much lately with everything that has been going on.  This morning, I decided to commute by bike to my new job.  Where I'm living is right off a four lane fast highway.  It's going to take some time to get used to that.  Otherwise, the commute has been pretty pleasant.  Most of it is on the Maryville-Alcoa Greenway.  This is a beautiful place.  The greenway connects both towns and has several arterial routes.  I'm looking forward to utilizing my new commute route.
Along my morning commute
You know, life isn't too bad.  Even though you get down at times, there's always tomorrow.  Count your blessings and move forward.  I think I'll be just fine with time.  Being surrounded by good friends and family makes a world of a difference as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment