Sunday, May 15, 2011

Life As I Know It...



Wow!  So much has gone on in this last week.  I'm still trying to shuffle my life as I know it.  A lot is still going through my head and trying to figure out the future.  Sometimes I think I just need to slow my roll just a bit.  Time to let things be and live from one day to the next. 

The new job in the bike shop is working out great!  All the folks at the shop are great and I'm starting to meet everyone in the cycling community.  I finally figured out the perfect commuter route into work.  It's about 13 miles each way with quite a bit of it on the greenway.  The countryside here in Maryville is beautiful.  Rolling hills with huge mountains in the backdrop.  I couldn't ask for better scenery on my rides!  I hope to have some pictures posted pretty soon.

Last night was my buddy's birthday.  After getting off work, we made some rounds to a couple of bars and then grabbed a six pack and headed up to the top of the Foothills Parkway.  There was a storm rolling in down in the valley.  It was pretty rad to watch the rain roll in.  Definitely, one of those nights that feels like it stands still. 

I'm off work for the next three days.  Looks like the weather is turning to shit but I'm going to try to get some rides in regardless.  For now, I've got to finish all this unpacking so I can find my bike stuff! 

1 comment: