Thursday, December 30, 2010

Something New...

I was schmoozin' around Facebook yesterday and came across yet another video of a CX race I did this season.  This is one of the best put together videos I have seen of our local race series.  Anyhow, I make my cameo appearance at minute 1:17.  Watch and enjoy!



As for the other things going on in my life, I hit the trails at AEDC again on Tuesday with my buddy Koonce.  There was still some snow covering about 50% of the trail and the rest was starting to get a little soupy.  The one nice thing about AEDC is how well it drains.  I didn't feel too guilty riding a wet trail considering most of the trail is covered in pine needles and we weren't leaving any ruts.  However, considering the possible conditions if we chose to ride a second lap, we ended our ride after one loop.  Overall, my body is feeling pretty good on the mountain bike.  I think I'm going to be somewhat ready for the Snake Creek Gap TT that is coming up next weekend.  I am officially registered!  This will be my first year racing this series.  I know I'm in the best shape I've ever been but I'm still haunted by all the stories I hear from everyone about how difficult this course is.  Regardless, I will suck it and ride!


Not much else has really been happening in the last few days.  I'm doing a little tinkering with the new Nature Boy CX bike at the moment.  I'm going to try some gear changes and throw a 39 tooth chainring on.  We'll see how this feels.  I was just mashin' too hard of a gear for the muddy courses and loosing a lot of efficiency.  I have the Tennessee CX State Championships coming up in a little over two weeks.  I've got to get back on the CX bike and do a few more workouts between now and then.

Tomorrow is my birthday so I doubt there will be any bloggin' going on.  Instead, I will be enjoying the day with my wife and my folks.  I hope everyone has a happy New Year and consumes many beverages!!
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment