Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Blame It On The Rain...

Any shortcomings I have today will be blamed on the rain.  That's my defense!  Looks like a cold front is coming in and it is coming with a lot of rain.  I really don't mind rain and I don't mind the cold.  But, when you put the two together, it sucks! 



Yesterday I started my "off season" weight training even though I am still in the middle of CX season.  I got up early and hit the weights at the gym for about 45 minutes and then rode the bike on the trainer for another 45 minutes.  I haven't rode on my new trainer yet even though I've had it for nearly a year.  I've never been a big fan of trainers.  If you want to get a bike workout, ride your damn bike!  Anyhow, I felt like riding the bike and watching a movie at the same time.  So instead of trying to mount my laptop to my handlebars and hit the road, I opted to stay inside the house and watch the movie while on the trainer.  Anyway, riding the trainer and starting back on the weights has me feeling a bit sore.  But that's ok because I can blame it on the rain today.



While I was on the trainer, I watched "The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia".  I must say, this was one disturbing documentary.  The White family is CRAZY!  Drugs, alcohol, more drugs, murder, music, dancing and more murder.  Those are the words that describe the lives of the White family.  You could probably find some similar characters around these parts of Tennessee.  No matter how big or small the White family's shortcomings are, it's all good because, today, they can blame it on the rain!



So, this morning I've got my black coffee in my stomach and I'm feeling all warm inside.  Looking out the window at the weather, I'm not feeling too enthusiastic about leaving the house.  However, I'm working a side job today to make a little money.  Looks like it will be a cold, wet commute into downtown today.  If I don't make it, I'll just blame it on the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment