Sunday, January 16, 2011

Weekend Getaways and Wardrobe Changes...

I must say, this has been a very relaxing weekend!  Saturday evening and part of this morning was spent up on Monteagle Mountain at a cabin with some friends.  The drive to the cabin was great!  There was still a significant amount of snow up on the mountain.  The driveway into the cabin was still pretty slick and covered with packed down snow.  While at the cabin, we enjoyed each others company with a great selection of beer and food.  The nicest part of the weekend was just being away from our day to day lives and unwinding. 

Driveway to the cabin
Now I'm back in the Boro.  Once I got back, I decided to head over to the local Goodwill based on a lead from a friend.  I stopped in to find a perfectly good pair of yellow Specialized mountain bike shoes for $10!  Checked the fit and got my spot in line to checkout.  These shoes will make a great addition to my totally rad style on the bike!  Hell, I figured Dicky got a new pair of kicks for the season, so I should follow his footsteps of less-than-awesomeness and get a new myself a pair as well.  Turned out to be a great decision.  Maybe I'll get a little ride time on them sometime this week.

My kicks look better than Dicky's
Also on the list of wardrobe changes, I'll be wearing a new cycling kit this season.  Recently, I signed up to ride for the "Ride for Reading Cycling Team".  As many of you know, Ride For Reading is a charity setup to provide books to underprivileged kids.  All the books are delivered by bikes.  The organization has a grassroots cycling team.  This year, I'm stepping up as the Team Coordinator and hopefully we'll get to quite a few races and events to support such a great cause!

Tomorrow is MLK Day and I will be off from school.  I expect to run a few errands to pick up some last minute school supplies and books.  After that, maybe a good long ride will be in store?  We'll see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment